Working as an admin assistant is like taking the responsibility of the essential activities of day to day operations in the company. These personals create a balance between the schedule of work and requirements of the office. So, if you are the one looking for admin assistant jobs in Singapore, here are a few things that you must know about.
Singapore is a developed economy which has established big organizations and multinationals. To deal with the daily essential activities like becoming a conduit between the bosses and the other staff members, plan regular office events, communicate about initiatives on a broader level to gain better participation, work on perfect documentation for things and look after the mail and shipping arrangements to keep the work in progress run smoothly.
Being an entry level position, it has got great opportunities to learn and explore which may further help an individual to get promoted in the field of operations or project management. So, if you are the one who can host multiple works at once or the one who has a habit of indulging deep with things then this is the right kind of job role for you.
What Qualification one may require to get admin assistant job in Singapore?
To opt for admin assistant job in Singapore, one may take up any of the professional course stated below. These courses can help a professional to gain right skills to work in the profile of admin assistant.
- Advanced Documents and Records Management Compliance.
- Communication and Planning Skills for Administrative Professionals.
- Documents and Records Management Compliance.
- E -Library Management Techniques.
- Office Management and Effective Administration Skills.
What Skills you may require to get admin assistant job in Singapore?
- Keen Attention to Detail: This job role requires great level of coordination and to manage that one needs to have a keen attention to detail. The candidate in this profile has to manage events, vendors, administrative work and documentation all that needs to be done with a clear mind so no error occurs.
- Self-Sufficiency and Dependability: Admin assistant have to be on his toes and should know what all is placed where in the company. The job of this professional starts with gaining trust of the other professionals and bosses in the organization. Since the main aim of this job role is to make sure that things run smoothly so, this professional has to create a lot of dependency on him in the office.
- Team Player: This profession demands an individual who can act as a team player. So, to make the best out of this job one should know how to work with various teams and help them in working smoothly.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Admin assistants look after the broad level of communication in the office and are also responsible for responding to various calls and emails by the suppliers and vendors hence it is important to have great communication skills as this is a crucial skill to sustain in the job role.
- Technical Knowledge of Ms. Excel, Word and PowerPoint: Admin assistants have to keep a record of supplies and have to make simple presentations and proposals on better deals hence it is crucial for a candidate to have good command over the technical skills in Ms. Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
These are the skills that one may require to take up an admin assistant job in Singapore.
What are the conditions to apply for employment pass in Singapore as a foreign professional?
Being a professional from abroad one needs to have a job offer from a company situated in Singapore. Further, the employer needs to give a letter of consent to apply for the employment pass.
There are certain conditions on which this employment pass is issued to the candidate these are as follows:
- The candidate should have a recognized Diploma/Degree qualification from a reputed college or university
- The candidate should be hired as a Professional or specialist by company in Singapore.
- The candidate should have relevant work experience in native country.
What are the best ways to look for Admin Assistant Jobs in Singapore?
- Applying on online job portals
- Contacting placement agencies
- Social media
What salary one may expect in admin assistant jobs in Singapore?
- As an entry-level Administrative Assistant with less than 1-year of work experience one can expect to make an average total salary of S$20,777.
- At early career stage as Administrative Assistant with 1-4 years of work experience one can earn an average total pay of S$23,312.
- Reaching mid-level career as Administrative Assistant with 5-9 years of work experience one can take an average total salary of S$27,628.
- Becoming experienced in the domain of Administrative Assistant with 10-19 years of work experience one can earn an average total salary of S$30,570.
- Finally, their late career with 20 years and higher work experience employees can earn an average total n pay of S$26,316.
So, to find the best job in the industry as admin assistant follow this article take up a right course and make a great career in Singapore.
Nikhil Mishra is a marketing communications professional with Monster.com. Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people. Nikhil has a diverse career and has been a former journalist, copywriter and an avid communications professional. His passion for the field of marketing and communications is a motivating force for his present career choice.